35 lbs or less: The 6- to 7.5-foot umbrella used with your bistro set will be secure and stable with a 35-lb. patio umbrella stand. 35-lb. stands should not be used with freestanding umbrellas.
40 to 55 lbs: Though not recommended for free standing use, patio umbrella stands weighing 40 to 55 lbs. are excellent for 7.5- to 9-foot umbrellas placed through a table. Ideally, these bases will be used with 4-person patio sets in non-windy areas.
65 to 75 lbs: An umbrella up to 9 feet wide can be used free standing with a patio umbrella base in the 65- to 75-lb. range so long as the area isn't particularly windy. These patio umbrella stands are also ideal for 60-inch-plus tables accompanied by a 9- to 11-foot umbrella.
99+ lbs: Thanks to their substantial weight, a 99-lb. patio umbrella base will adequately support any umbrella. Ideal for free standing use, these bases will easily keep up to an 11-foot umbrella securely in place. These patio umbrella bases are not usually used with tables.
1. When thinking long-time quality, think about our umbrella stands. An umbrella will last longer and work more effectively in a properly matched patio umbrella stand.
2. Our patio umbrella bases come in weights ranging from 35 lbs. to over 100 lbs., depending on the size and function of your umbrella. Use our umbrella stand guide to determine the stand weight you need.
3. Do you need style or function? Either way, we've got you covered. Our European market umbrella stands contain a little grace while the basic polyresin umbrella stands will reliably hold up your umbrella. You'll find our patio umbrella bases are made to meet your needs.
4. For umbrellas that move with your whims, there are patio umbrella bases on wheels, and umbrella bases that can be filled with sand or water.
5. For a more permanent option when it comes to your patio umbrella base, consider the concrete or cast iron bases. Just set it and forget it! These umbrella bases add ease and simplicity to your outdoor decor.
6. Don't let the size of your umbrella be the only deciding factor in choosing the proper patio umbrella stand - wind, location and use should all factor into your choice so you can be assured that your patio umbrella base serves your needs.
7. When choosing a patio umbrella stand you may want to consider your tendency to change. Do you like to switch things up every season with a new umbrella shade? If that's the case, make sure your patio umbrella stand will always match. A black umbrella stand might be your best choice. It will always match!
8. Do you want good, better, or best when it comes to your patio umbrella base? For long-time use in a permanent spot, choose the best umbrella base. For an umbrella base that may change locations over the years, or that will hold a small umbrella, choose a good patio umbrella base.
Find more information in our Patio Umbrella Stands Helpful Information section!