1. Make sure that your outdoor umbrella is the proper size and style for your area and needs. If you're using it at your place of business, you'll want commercial outdoor umbrellas that can withstand the rigors of daily customer use. Is your locale plagued by strong winds? Make sure your outdoor umbrella is wind-resistant or seated in a strong outdoor umbrella stand. Stands range from the simply functional to elegant, but all of them can make a difference when the wind starts blowing. You can even shop sets of outdoor umbrellas and stands to be sure you're getting a proper match.
2. Consider outdoor umbrella covers to keep your umbrella safe during the off-season. It's also a good idea to cover your umbrella when it's not in use. The more sun, wind and rain your canopy suffers, the faster it will deteriorate. A good outdoor umbrella cover will keep it looking newer and performing better much longer.
3. Obviously umbrellas offer relief from the sun, but have you considered what benefits your umbrella could offer once it gets dark? Outdoor umbrella lights can turn a normal umbrella into its own intimate island on your patio or deck. Umbrella lights are effective at creating a cozy, romantic ambience when used in restaurant or café settings employing commercial umbrellas.
4. You're more likely to enjoy your umbrella if it conforms to what you need, and not the other way around. Don’t be afraid to consider that in some situations, you might be better off with an offset umbrella or cantilever umbrella. Offset outdoor umbrellas are perfect for use with conversation sets where a table with an umbrella hole is not available. Plus, you can tilt it and turn it so that it stays with you as the sun moves throughout the day.
5. The outdoors and bugs go together like peanut butter and jelly, but you don't have to suffer through them just to enjoy sitting beneath your outdoor umbrella. Try adding a patio umbrella net to keep the critters out while you relax outside. These nets are easy to put up and take down, and the relief you'll feel is well worth it.
6. Please check with your vendor for the proper care and cleaning of the canopy. A little bit of soap and water in the right spot at the right time can often mean a few more years for a quality outdoor umbrella. The best way to preserve your umbrella for the long haul is with an outdoor umbrella cover.